Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Daily Food Journal #6 (late edition)

Disclaimer - I had wireless connection issues so I apologize for the tardy post!

While the rest of the participants are well into the eating plan given to us by Coach Johnson, ya girl is just starting day one. Lol. Slacker you may say...not even. I was not able to eat according to the meal plan (click here for details) due to vacation and not having a kitchen. But today is the day and I must say that I did well. I was a little full at lunch, but got all the foods in. While they were hard to eat together, I forced it down my throat. Below is a break down of what I ate today:


Breakfast
+ 3 egg whites
+ 2 cups spinach leaves
+ 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
+ 1 slice of whole wheat toast (with a pat of whipped butter and 1 tbspn of strawberry jelly)

Morning Snack
+ 1 hard boiled egg
+ 1 small green apple


Lunch
+ 1 can of tuna in water (4 oz total) - added pepper, ms. dash and 2 drops of light italian dressing) + 2 slices of whole wheat bread + 10 stalks of steamed asparagus + 1/2 cup of apple sauce

Afternoon Snack

+
Carrot chips
+ Orange

Evening
(I got out of boot camp at 7:50 pm so I decided to do a combo with my evening snack and dinner)
+ 1 sweet potato (with sour cream, raw sugar and a dab of whipped natural butter)
+ broccoli
+ strawberries
+ Cottage cheese
+ slices of turkey leg (so while I was going to try to force myself to eat the chicken, I couldn't stomach it. Since turkey is the last meat that I weeded myself off of while going pescatarian, my father told me to bite the bullet and try his smoked turkey...which I did and liked! This was my way of compromising for I did not have any salmon to substitute. Will have some tonight though)



Water Consumption =
over 65 oz
Vitamins = Trader Joe's Women's Multivitamin, B12 and Iron
ACV = 2 teaspoons
Alcohol = NONE


How I feel
I had so many opportunities to cheat today. There is left over food EVERYWHERE from the holiday, but I must stay strong. I think this is one of those times were Coach Johnson was referring too about "praying for weight loss", because I needed the Lord today. I truly feel its mind over matter. And like another participant blogged, its about "free will" and taking some control and being accountable for your actions. I don't have to go to the kitchen and get the popcorn, instead I can drink water and or go read my bible...and that is what I did.

One of the things I contemplated today was how to pray for weight loss. At our first intro meeting, Coach Johnson mentioned being careful for what you pray for (we've all heard that), so I have been very intentionally about how and what I say in my daily prayer. I want guidance and continued strength, but also I want to do my part. We can not expect some wand to be waved and BAM.....30 lbs gone (oh if it was only that easy)...and honestly, I don't want anything that easy. I like challenges hence my reasoning for doing this program.

My inspirational message for today is to stay encouraged and remember its a life style change..not a 40 day only change. This program is the beginning to a new you and you will have to practice patience to achieve your SMART goals. I'll keep you lifted family and I ask you will do for me.....be blessed

1 comment: