Saturday, September 5, 2009

9/5/09 Meal Plan Update

As I mentioned before, I am on vacay for the holiday. Have a great time by the way :)
Its been a challenge to participate in the meal plan that Coach Johnson sent us, that started yesterday, but I think I have done well with what I had to work with here. While I am ashamed at some fo the decisions I made (see lunch), I am a work in progress and know that with determination and continued prayer, I can over come bad food choices and/or over eating. This is not an excuse, but a reminder that this is a learning journey, and we all fall short. How you move on from it, determines part of how you will succeed in the end. I do not have a fridge or kitchen so I have to eat out, but I believe that you can still eat healthy while not cooking. Below is my detail list of my meal plan today:

Breakfast
+ 2 egg white omelet w/green peppers, onions and provolone cheese (they did not have mozarella)
+ 2 slices of whole grain wheat toast, parkay magerine, and strawberry jelly (they did not have apple)
+ 16 oz of orange juice

Lunch
+ 1/2 of a funnel cake with glaze (yeah...this was bad, but I couldn't resist)

Dinner
Ruby Tuesday's salad bar
+ 2 1/2 cups of green lettuce w/cucumber slices, red onion slices, lima beans, green peppers, 4 baby tomatoes, bracolli shears, blue cheese crumbles, regular ranch dressing
+ 10 seedless red grapes

Water consumption = over 50.5 oz (need to step it up tomorrow)
Supplements/Vitamins = Multivitamin, B12, Iron
ACV = none
Alcohol - white wine


How I feel
We decided to go to Wal Mart to get some non parishable such as bottled water, tortilla chips and salsa. The salsa can serve as a vegetable if I can't get all my servings in, and the chips will serve as my low calorie NON TRANSFAT carb snack (which will also satisfy my carb craving).

We did visit the winery so I did have a few glasses of wine. This is an area that I have come to terms needs a change. I don't drink daily or during the week at that. But I have notice that when around friends or visiting in town, I have been drinkign more wine than usual. I personally feel that is directly related to past weight gain and also a difference in the stomach area.....but I have to make the decision to reduce or remove my alcohol consumption if I want to see a difference. No excuses....

While I was nervous about my vacy, I am really proud of myself. I have been wating my water consumption, getting veggies and pushing away from the table when full. That is a difference that I have seen with me. I plan to start the MVP Fitness Meal Plan on Tuesday. This way I have my groceries and I am not tempted. Lol.

Keep me lifted family!

No comments:

Post a Comment